Pupils in Year Two are further challenged to use a range of subject-specific vocabulary and are encouraged to raise questions and express their own views in response to the material they learn about and in response to questions about their ideas. Teaching in year two focuses on enhancing pupils’ knowledge of religious beliefs and develops their ability to compare and contrast the main beliefs of various religions which are studied at this key stage.
Pupils in year two will learn how to answer the following Prime Learning Challenge questions throughout the year as part of their religious education lessons:
- How and why do we celebrate special times?
- What can we learn from sacred books and stories?
- How do we show care for others? Why does it matter?
- How can we show care for the Earth? Why does it matter?
- Who is an inspiring person? What stories inspire Christian, Muslim or Jewish people?
- What is the ‘good news’ Christians believe Jesus brings?