Our commitment to safer recruitment
We put children and learners’ wellbeing at the heart of everything that we do and, therefore, do all that we can to ensure those who work for us share our commitment. This is reflected in our rigorous recruitment processes and pre-employment checks.
We select the best candidates through good, thorough recruitment practice, ensuring equality of opportunity, and deterring, or rejecting, those who may not be suitable to work at Someries Infant School and Early Childhood Education Centre.
All roles require the following:
- Your identity must be confirmed by sight of original official documents – such as a Birth Certificate – and photographic identification, such as a Passport.
- Original documents relating to all professional qualifications required to fulfil the post must be supplied.
- Full employment and education history since leaving secondary education must be provided; all gaps in employment and education history will be scrutinised by the selection panel to ensure there are no causes for concern.
- We will request a minimum of two references covering at least the last three years; the identity of all referees will be verified, and they will be asked to comment on your suitability for the role you are applying for.
- We reserve the right to take account of your presence in both public and social media in our selection decisions.
- We will ask you to provide details of any criminal history as appropriate; guidance will always be provided in your application to help you understand what you must declare and when.
- Throughout selection – including at interview – the panel will probe your values and motivation for working at Someries Infant School.
At all stages, information you provide us with will be treated in confidence and in full accordance with legal requirements. For all roles which require a Disclosure and Barring Service check, this will be clearly outlined in the job specification.
You do not have to consent to these checks; however, if consent is withheld or revoked at any stage, we will be unable to proceed with your application.
All employees at Someries Infant School are expected to understand their duties and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children. For those who are successful in joining Someries Infant School, this is continually assessed through probation and day-to-day performance management. All employees are required to undertake child protection and safeguarding training as required and at least annually.
You can find out more about our approach to safeguarding by reading our child protection and safeguarding policy which is available here.